The University in some figures
- 10,000 students
- 3500 foreigners
- More than 100 nationalities: Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas
- 6 campus localized in North Catalonia and Languedoc Perpignan, Font Romeu, Talteüll, Narbonne, Carcassonne, Mendes
… and some words – Jean Benkhelil, President of the University
The interesting thing when you enter the campus of Perpignan is its “village” atmosphere, with pine forest roads in the middle of the trees, the squares are convivial spaces for students: quality of life guaranteed in UPVD, not inconsistent with higher level studies.
It’s important to say that in Perpignan people like paradoxes and in particular having the most eminent researchers of global reputation, although maintaining a real closeness with students.
Some specificities in training that make the power and fame
- Crafts relating to energy (solar, renewable …)
- Life Sciences, genomics, of tropical ecology and Mediterranean
- Study of Geosciences and Marine Environment
Law, economics, management
- Muslim law, comparative law
- Urbanism and real estate laws
- Offices of Management and International Trade
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Crafts sport (STAPS) in Font Romeu: specialties related to altitude studies relating to tourism and heritage
- Prehistory and Paleo-environment (excavations Tautavel)
- Catalan Studies
- Classic and contemporary Humanities in Literature
- Erasmus Mundus European Diplomas
- Master Mundus “Crossways in Europea Humanities”
- Trades in the health and social sector
The UPVD is the second scientific pole in Languedoc-Roussillon region with a high quality research, while rooted in history, connected to present and totally turned towards the future.
The UPVD has turned pluridisciplinarity in its wealth, a major advantage in training, present in its laboratories.
It has forged its identity and federated its scientific research centers around two major transverse axes that structure research and give visibility to its competencies: Sustainable Development and the Mediterranean.
International ambition. The border
The UPVD is reinforcing its cross-border university position, developing partnerships in research and education with other universities in southern Catalonia and the Vives region therritories such as Girona, Palma de Mallorca …
The University emphasizes its international dimension and its development in the European area of higher education. It brings a proactive policy in favour of mobility and welcoming in order to internationalize its courses and expand research activities. The research is being developed through strong participation in European Programs, in Integrated Projects and in Networks of Excellence.
University of Perpignan Via Domitia
Tel.: 00 33 (0) 4 68 66 20 00
Fax: 00 33 (0) 4 68 66 20 19