Palma is the capital city of the Balearic Island. Before it fell to the catalans in 1229 it had experienced periods of both roman and muslim rule. Currently, it is populated by 400.000 inhabitants and it is one of the most important cities of the Mediterranean sea.
MAIN LOCAL/CULTURAL EVENTS
· Sant Sebastià (January 20 th)
· Dia de les Illes Balears (March 1st)
· Easter (March)
· Christmas (December-January)
· L’Estendard (December 31 st)
HOW TO REACH TOWN
· Busses frequently run between the city and the airport. Of course, taxis are also available.
· The University is connected to the city by bus (L19), underground (M1) and taxi.
EMT: bus company
TIB: underground company
TRANSPORT IN TOWN