To be the leading network for joint action and the platform for development of shared strategies by universities in the area comprising societies with Catalan culture and language, spread throughout the Pyrenees and Mediterranean region.
Xarxa Vives d’Universitats promotes the cohesion of the university community and strengthens the reach and impact of universities on society. Xarxa Vives d’Universitats performs its mission:
- Through a coordinated, shared working system, based on equity between its members, quality and service.
- By formulating joint proposals by universities and facilitating their inclusion in the social and political agenda of each administrative context.
- By contributing to further strengthening higher education and research.
- Linguistic unity among member university communities with shared geographic, historical and cultural links
- Collaboration between universities
- Equity between all universities
- Respect for university autonomy
- Democratic governance of the institution
- A desire to jointly serve and have an impact on society
22 universities from 4 countries
in the European Mediterranean area:
Andorra, Spain, France and Italy
40,000 teaching and research staff and
10,000 administrative and service personnel
as a consolidated network of alliances